Monday, June 27, 2011

Can We Talk About This Song?

For roughly the past month and a half I've been playing this song on repeat (cue dramatic entrance of YouTube video).

"All The While" by Ajay Malghan

I know. Sounds a bit obsessive, right? Well that's probably because it is. But what can I say? When I find a song that inspires me to focus on my work then I run with it. Wouldn't you?

As a writer, I have learned that muses come few and far between, so when you find a good one, stick with it.

Previous obsessions, I mean muses, have been:


"A Little Bit Stronger" By Sara Evans got me through the writing of my first legitimate short story. Unfortunately, this song was a one trick pony for me. Sorry Sara, but I'm retiring your song.


"When You Come Back Down" by Nickel Creek got me through... well my life since January 2011. And it's still an active muse.

Previous to these muses came a long string of emo artists such as Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Scene Aesthetic and many other guilty pleasures that, yes, I still listen to on a pretty regular basis. There - I admitted it. (Cue weight lifting off shoulders)

Well dear readers, I hope you can all be inspired by at least one of these songs. If not, I'm seriously concerned about your taste in music and I will be reconsidering our blog-ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment