Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jumping Off A Mountain

I think I'd like to jump off a cliff.

Well, technically I would run quickly, without tripping, down a hillside on the top of a mountain and then jump, but who bothers with technicalities?

I'm talking about paragliding people, the greatest sport you've never heard of. Actually, the rest of the world is well acquainted with it, but that's beside the point.

My father, a retired hang glider (similar to paragliding), has begun to assimilate me into the flying culture and I'm already hooked. My next feat will be to actually do it.

So why, you may ask, would I want to jump off a mountain intentionally? Great question. It's because of two things my father told me. The first thing he told me was that it is incredibly quiet when you're in the air. The second thing he told was that flights can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Hmm.. very interesting. As a writer and a person with a busy life, the thought of being able to escape somewhere for 30 minutes-2 hours, a place where people truly couldn't bother you, and just think is the most amazing idea ever. I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

Need peace and quiet? Just go fly your personal aircraft for a few hours. As a side note, paragliders are also supposed to be very comfy. You just essentially recline into a backpack-like harness. Sounds nice.

So yes, I think I have decided that jumping off a cliff is the only way I will be able to get peace and quiet to sort out all the writerly things in my mind.

Wish me luck fair readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment