Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Writing Guru

When I began my new job I expected to be like most entry level workers and spend the majority of my time learning. But like most things in my life, it didn't go as expected.

As it turns out, I am the new writing guru of the office. I feel as though my purpose is to spread the joy of proper punctuation, syntax and grammar. Be prepared office mates, I'm a bit of a writing nazi.

I have plenty to learn, that is no question, but I'm also well equipped to teach. I love commas, despise improper capitalization and loath ill placed and elongated ellipses. An ellipses is three periods people, that's it, not seven, not thirteen - just three.

As a side note, I will fully appreciate the irony if I have actualized any of my own pet peeves in this post. I can take a joke............

No comments:

Post a Comment