Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Outsiders

I've recently spent quite a bit of time back home in North Carolina visiting family and exploring a new relationship prospect. The issue that has arisen is that I'm not used to spending so much isolated time with people from back home - it's a whole different animal up there.

What I have discovered is that my friends and family from back home are incredibly influential in my decisions, but even more so when I'm there in person. It's very easy to disregard opinions when they're coming to you as a voice on the phone from 4.5 hours away. It's a little harder to disregard when it's staring you in the face.

But the other discovery I made is that there are a lot of opinions from back home that I need to disregard. I live my life in a very different way than most people there, especially when it comes to relationships.

I'm not the type of girl that gets bend out of shape because of unreturned text messages or dates cancelled due to perfectly legitimate reasons. Those are just not things that bother me. Disappoint me? Sure. But not bother me or make me mad.

But the longer I was home the more bothered and angry I began to feel about things that would have never bothered me before.

So this is all I have to say: Get out of my head! You're psyching me out here!

I leave you with a song I stumbled across this weekend that is hilarious. I give you "Soft" by Kings of Leon. You're welcome in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment