Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yoga Pants and a Cheap Watch

For the past few months I've finally been fulfilling my seemingly apocalyptic New Year's resolution... from the past six years. What can I say? I've been busy.

But anyway, the resolution, drumroll please. I've stuck to a workout routine... finally.

These whole-hearted workouts have wreaked havoc on my laundry routine, given the fact that even though I'm an ex-athlete I only own three pairs of gym shorts. Sad, I know.

I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't just go buy more gym appropriate shorts and shirts. Well that's precisely where today's lesson spurs from.

I didn't go buy new stuff because I am a stage in my life where I can accept myself as I am. And I am the type of person who says they are going to workout, does so religiously for a week and then feigns a pulled muscle as an excuse to quit.

Clearly not a sensible investment. So being the logical person that I am, I decided to wait it out and see if this time I actually stayed with it prior to purchasing the entire athletic wear department of Target.

Good new friends. Three and a half months later, I'm the proud owner of my first pair of spandex yoga pants, a cute microfiber tank top and a shiny new (cheap) sports watch.

I think you can see where I'm going with this. But maybe you don't, so I'll spell it out for you.

For the first time I accepted myself for my flaws and then low and behold I subsequently finished something I started... finally.

In honor of this achievement, I will leave you with a funny commercial about yoga pants. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment